Fire Risk Assessments
New Fire legislation called the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, has recently come into force.This new piece of legislation make breaches a ‘criminal offence’, so it is no longer a ‘civil matter’, you are now personally liable and your freedom can be risk.
You can view a copy of this document at: www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2005/20051541.htm
Whilst the compliance with the new Fire Safety Order is enforceable via criminal prosecution, it should be remembered that its primary purpose is to save life and prevent injury to people in the event of Fire.
Does it apply to me?
- You are legally obliged to carry out a Fire Risk Assessment and update it on a regular basis. This is irrespective of size of company and the market in which you operate.
- If you or your company employs five or more people this must be demonstrated by a hard copy present on the premises and available for inspection.
- Fire Certificates no longer valid.
- As an employer you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with this legislation.
- Many insurance companies offer policy discounts to any business that has already carried out a fire risk assessment.
Fire risk assessments can be very difficult to conduct unless you’re an expert; it is not always obvious what potential fire hazards are.
Our fire risk assessment services will help you protect your premises and people by fully explaining what the fire risks are and where they lie, and then producing a comprehensive report and action plan.